Jimmy Hill has a focus on family and quality of life.
With 28 years working on the streets and in the homes of Atlantic Beaches’ unique neighborhoods, Jimmy understands all parts of the community and has real world experience dealing with the needs of our community.
Maintain our community’s very unique character to include all of Atlantic Beaches neighborhoods focusing on quality of life enjoying our parks, beaches, and wetlands, while maintaining property values and low taxes.
Return common sense, creating an environment inside the city government and city hall that is not obstructive for businesses that operate in Atlantic Beach.
Resolve police building issue immediately with a plan to refresh and remodel the existing building that fits a scale and scope of a city of this size and law enforcement needs.
Give clear direction to return the police department to the path of a community-policing model that would create a police department that is grounded in and invested in our community and its citizens.
Continue to develop and build an environment of respect to the city hall processes.
Facilitate responsible development and growth using existing city building, zoning codes.
Foster a pedestrian, bike, and low-speed vehicle, cart-friendly community – this would relieve congestion and allow more Atlantic Beach citizens convenient access to the beaches and parks with a smaller footprint on limited parking surfaces.
- A Native of North Florida with family roots four generations deep.
- Born overseas while Father stationed in North Africa serving in the US Navy.
- Atlantic Beach resident for over 30 years.
- Served Atlantic Beach as firefighter for 28 years.
- Businessman and entrepreneur – owner
- Retail Store – Aloha Wind & Surf – mid 1980s in Atlantic Beach
- Yacht brokerage Firm – mid late 1980s to present
- Event Production Company – 1997 to present – produce
- Southeast US Boat Show –
- The Great Outdoors Event –
- Professional Coast Guard Certified Captain
- Married 22 years to Della Carter Hill
- Children—Skyler, 15 and Tyden, 11